Starting at ARPS

Parent-Guardian Resources:

The following Educational Resources may be of assistance when selecting your child’s school.

Victorian Curriculum

ARPS Enrolment Details:

Thank you for your interest in Athol Road Primary School. Enrolments are always being taken. Please contact the School Office for an information pack or to arrange a school tour.

School Tours: Prospective families are welcome to visit the school for a tour of our facilities with the Principal, Ms Carmel Nigro. Tours are conducted at a mutually convenient time and include the opportunity to see the school in operation. Please contact the school on (03) 9547 1224 to make an appointment for a tour.

Foundation Enrolment: commences in the year prior to children starting school. Children enrolling in Victorian schools must turn 5 years old by 30th April in the year of entry and are usually enrolled in the year prior to their commencement [the pre-school/kinder year].

Athol RoadPrimary School provides the opportunity for pre-schoolers to participate in our Foundation Transition Sessions. Transition Sessions for Foundation usually begin in late Term 3. An Information session for parents of Foundation children will be held in Term 4 prior to your child commencing school. This will be an opportunity for parents to meet the class teachers, representatives from the school community and other Foundation parents. Whilst enrolment for Foundation can be undertaken at any time we encourage families to enrol as soon as possible to assist the school in forward planning.

Enrolling at Other Levels: Enrolments are taken throughout the year for all year levels [subject to availability]. Please contact the school office for further information.

When Enrolling your Child: – Before a child may commence school in Victoria, the Department of Education and Training [DET] requires that the school receives –

  • Completed School Enrolment Form (available from the School Office or it can be downloaded from this website)
  • Copy of the Birth Certificate or Passport
  • Copy of the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register or School Age Entry Immunisation Certificate
  • Transfer Certificate (if transferring from another school)
  • Copy of Passport with the Visa Entry details or evidence of Naturalisation or Citizenship if the child was born overseas

A child will be enrolled in the name that appears on their birth certificate unless there are legal documents to the contrary.

Enrolment forms are available in the Information Pack available from the school.

Enrolling International Students: For information on International Students, please see the Victorian Government website at

If your child suffers from a serious medical condition such as asthma or anaphylaxis, a confidential medical plan will need to be completed by your child’s doctor and filed at school.

It is important that the school maintains accurate information, especially if an emergency situation arises. It is imperative that parents and carers keep the school informed of any changes, such as phone numbers, addresses, emergency contacts, etc.

Kindergarten to Foundation Transition:

The first years of school are an exciting and engaging time for your child. Building positive relationships and experiences in the early years is important to long-term development, learning and wellbeing. Transition to school is an important, welcoming element of your child starting school.

The school runs a thorough Transition Program during Term 3 and 4. 

Our school zone

Our school zone is available on which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.

Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.

The Department provides guidance through the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.

You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.